Struggling to come up with delicious and healthy dinner ideas for your kids that can be cooked in minutes? We've been there. After all, that's one of the reasons why we created Pots For Tots in the first place!
This easy PEASy (see what we did there?) Prawn Pesto Pasta recipe is super easy to prepare and cook; it's perfect for busy weeknights when you don't have a lot of time to cook, or for those times when you're caught short with none of our meals left in the freezer. It's tried and tested by Cherrelle, founder of The Family Food Co., and her son Louie, too!
Scroll on the for the step-by-step recipe…
What you'll need to make enough for your little one, plus leftovers!
- 60g of small star shaped pasta or orzo
- Five stems of asparagus
- Half a courgette
- 30g of peas
- 30g baby corn
- Prawns (as many as you would like!)
- Clove of garlic
- Oil of your choice
- Pesto sauce of your choice
How to make these easy peasy prawn pesto pasta:
- Start to cook two small handfuls of small star shaped pasta (you could also use orzo!)
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, chop five stems of asparagus and half a courgette into teeny tiny pieces, and dice some baby corn.
- In the final minute of the pasta, add a handful of peas, then once cooked, drain and set on the side.
- Fry prawns in an oil of your choice and chopped/crushed garlic, then add the baby corn, then the courgette and asparagus.
- Once cooked, add your pasta and peas back in with a big teaspoon of green pesto (I used the vegan pesto from Deliciously Ella and stir through.
- And there you have it! Tuck in and enjoy.
Let us know what healthy k recipes you'd like to see from us next - just drop us a DM on or Instagram accounts. And if you give this super greens prawn pasta a go, make sure to tag us in your Instagram Stories!