Is your little one bored of their usual breakfast? Let’s shake up their first meal of the day by giving the humble Weetabix a tropical twist!
This recipe is a hit amongst the parents on our team, as you can whip up this healthy breakfast the night before, saving you much-needed time in the mornings. Because let’s be honest, we know just how chaotic school mornings can be! Plus, this dish is a source of fibre, calcium, iron, B-vitamins and Vitamin C. Delicious, quick and nutritious, what more could you want?
Read on for this easy breakfast recipe for kids…
What you’ll need to serve 2-3 littles:
- 2 x Weetabix
- 100ml of milk / or a milk alternative
- 200g yoghurt / dairy free yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla or coconut extract
- A handful of finely chopped mango
- 1 tbsp desiccated or toasted coconut
- Fruit to top, such as pineapple and kiwi!
How to make:
- In a Tupperware pot or small baking dish, crush two Weetabix, add your milk of choice, mix well then push the mixture down well ensuring it’s even across the base of the dish (like a cheesecake base).
- In a bowl, combine your yoghurt, mango, vanilla/coconut extract and desiccated coconut. Spread this on top of the Weetabix base.
- Add your toppings of choice - we’ve gone for pineapple and kiwi!
- Leave it overnight in the fridge and grab it straight from the fridge to enjoy in the morning. Enjoy!
If your tots like this recipe, we have a feeling they will like our Flapjack Yoghurt Bark. And if you give any of our recipes a go, make sure to share your results on Instagram, tagging @thefamilyfood_co and @pots_for_tots. And stay tuned as we’ll be sharing plenty more breakfast ideas for kids very soon…