Got some peaches or nectarines hanging around in your fruit bowl? In need of some easy summer recipes for the whole family? Well, look no further! We love a versatile dish at Pots For Tots - anything that can work for every age and stage is a winner for us - which is why this family-friendly snack recipe is a regular in our foodie rotation.
Plus, did you know peaches are a great source of fibre, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C? So, not only is this recipe delicious, but super nutritious, too!
What you’ll need:
- Peaches or nectarines - as many as you’d like (halved)
- 1 tsp cinnamon and or vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tbsp of maple syrup or honey (avoid for under ones) and optional
- Splash of water
How to make:
Half your peaches, remove the stone, then add a small splash of water to the oven-proof dish alongside your sweetener of choice and cinnamon. Place in a preheated oven at 180°C and bake for 10-15 minutes. Easy as that!
Ways to serve:
The foodie possibilities really are endless with roasted peaches - you’ll be surprised at just how versatile they are! Here are some of our favourite ways to dish up roasted peaches…
- For babies who have just started weaning, you can mash the flesh of the roasted peach into yoghurt or porridge.
- If you’re baby-led weaning, you can remove the skin and once cooled, serve as a super soft finger food.
- Top with yoghurt and ground nuts or seeds for a healthy breakfast for children and adults.
- Slice and add to cream cheese on toast. Sprinkle with crushed pistachios for extra pizazz.
- Chop up and mix into salads - we love a chicken, peach, avocado, spinach and balsamic salad!
Let us know if you’ll be giving this recipe a go! Make sure to share your results on Instagram, tagging @thefamilyfood_co and @pots_for_tots. And stay tuned as we’ll be sharing plenty more healthy snacks for kids very soon…
Make sure to visit our last blog post for another easy recipe that you and your little ones will love!